Monday, December 22, 2008

"Would Like to Nurture Elephants"


Watch CBS Videos Online

For me, it's not puppies or kittens - it's elephants. For my journal at school, we had to fill out surveys that asked us our favorite books, favorite movies, etc. One of the questions was what kind of animal we would be. I was going to put down elephant but I thought it would be really conceited of me, since they're almost perfect. So I put down hippopotamus instead. Which was probably more appropriate anyway, since hippos spend so much time in the water. (Though I like to think I'm not as violent when I deal with humans.)

The quote above is what my friend Amshula thought after seeing this. I would too.

More great videos: International Laundry Day!

7 comments:

Maize said...

Thank you for posting this. I love elephants too! I don't know if I ever told you how I wanted to own an elephant preserve. Do you think the orphanage would hire a female keeper?

Donna K. said...

AaaaaawwwwwWWWWWWwwwww!

I love how composed the reporter tries to remain when he is surrounded by ultimate cuteness!

colly mack said...

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

colly mack said...

BTW, when I first read that you had to fill out your favorite animal and books, etc. for your "journal at school," I assumed you were referring to something you were assigned in junior high or elementary school, like when Shakima Brown and I had to do a "buddy reading journal" together in 6th grade.

"I Love you, Catmother!" said...

I wonder how many applications they get for "elephant surrogate mother" positions.

Neha said...

SOOOO cute Rahul,, thanks for posting this. I wish we had elephants in Moldova.

devin said...

"Can you imagine an orphanage that's a happy place? We couldn't..."