Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bidoun Magazine


This is the cover of the new issue of Bidoun Magazine, which I just discovered through Paper Cuts.

The subject of the new issue is Glory, and the cover is by a guy named Babak Radboy.

This is pretty glorious, no? It's of course interesting to me that a magazine devoted to Middle Eastern culture would publish one of the most moving images to come out of 9/11.

Two more images that I like from the website (they don't show up well here, but just click on them to see a larger version) -


1 comment:

"I Love you, Catmother!" said...

The cover is pretty amazing. It gives me goosebumps, despite having no concrete idea what the image is trying to evoke symbollically, semiotically or whatever.

I mean, "glory," obviously, but I don't get exactly how.