Sunday, September 2, 2007

Just in case you forget where you are...


My friend Amneris's family lives in Tampa but this still made me think of her. I actually really want to go to Miami, which is ironic: I didn't back when it was the place to party, but once I saw shows like Nip/Tuck and Dexter, I was riveted by how cool and noirish it could be.

Same with Los Angeles. What gets me about LA isn't the third-rate celebrities you run into (my brothers were really excited about having their picture taken with Marla Maples), but the fact that in a place that sunny and curated and manicured, you have gutter punks and goth kids and even the Fishers from Six Feet Under.

Photo by Marcus Way, FILE Magazine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my niece in Tampa was little I told her I wanted to go to Miami to see the relatives. Later on she asked me if I was going to "your ami?"

This is the need for the sign in the pool and at the airport!!
Amneris